Year 8 pupils will visit QEHS on Thursday 25th, Friday 26th and Monday 29th February 2016 for a range of taster sessions in a variety of subjects. This is also an opportunity for pupils to experience the environment and meet some of the teaching staff. Please refer to the letter issued to pupils earlier this week from Ruth Platts Assistant Head teacher KS3/4 at QEHS, ‘Parent Information from QEHS for Year 8 Parents Year 8 Taster Days Thursday 25 February, Friday 26 February and Monday 29 February’.
Routine for the three days:
1) All pupils should attend HMS in the morning to be registered as normal in their form groups.
2) All pupils will walk up to QEHS accompanied by HMS staff.
3) HMS pupils will have a rota of lessons; periods 2, 3 and 4.
4) Students may bring a packed lunch or they may choose to buy lunch at QEHS. The QEHS Catering Manager will offer “meal deals” to give students a sense of what it will be like to eat up at the high school. The cost is likely to be around £2.50 and they will accept cash. Students who would like to buy a lunch need, therefore, to bring money with them. Arrangements have been made to ensure that students on free school meals will be able to have a meal deal.
5) Pupils will walk back to HMS accompanied by staff in time for the end of the school day.
Please fill in the reply slip at the end of the letter and ask your child to return it to their form tutor by Tuesday 23 February 2016.