Welcome to HMS
Life at HMS
Open Evening Booklet
Parents' Guide 2020
Senior Leader Phone Calls
If you would like to speak to a senior member of staff regarding a place at HMS for your child, please click the link below and fill out the form.
Q&A with HMS Pupils
We understand that choosing your child’s new school is a key decision and we want to reassure you that we have comprehensive systems to support your child’s transition from their current school to HMS. That process starts early in the year.
This support will include:
- Open Evening (Virtual this year)
- Visits to feeder first schools in the summer term
- An opportunity to meet new peers at our Rounders Afternoon in June
- Transfer Day in early July/ Transfer Evening for parents/carers/families
- A chance to meet your child’s new form teacher
- Extra visits to middle school can be planned if necessary.
Subjects at HMS
Please click on the tabs below to watch videos about each of our subjects – plus some fun challenges for you to try at home!
Pupil Quiz and Feedback
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Virtual Open Evening – we hope you have enjoyed the videos and are feeling excited to join Hexham Middle School.
Please have a go at our Pupil Quiz where you can also leave us questions or any feedback you may have. We will be delivering prizes for the winners!
We would also love to see if you are able to have a go at any of the teacher challenges. If you do, please send us photographs to email@example.com
Thank you and we hope to see you all very soon!