The Careers Leader for Hexham Middle School is Paul Freeman-Myers. He can be contacted on 01434 602533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance makes a major contribution to preparing young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life, in order to help them make a successful transition to adulthood and a place of work:
- Preparing pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- Supporting young people to achieve their full potential
- Empowering young people to plan and manage their own futures
- Providing comprehensive information on all options
- Raising aspirations
- Promoting equality, diversity, social mobility and challenging stereotypes
- Enabling young people to sustain employability and achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives
Hexham Middle School is committed to providing all its pupils with a planned programme of careers education activities throughout their school career, with opportunities at key transition points to access impartial information and expert advice and guidance. It is also committed to maximise the benefits for pupils by using a whole school approach involving parents, carers, external IAG providers, employers and other local agencies such North East Learning and Enterprise Partnership. HMS is committed to working towards Gatsby benchmarks.
For more information about our careers programme, and to view our provider access statement, please see our Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance Policy on our Policies page.