As the academic year draws to a close, we’ve been looking back over all the amazing events, experiences and opportunities that our children have enjoyed at HMS this year. It’s a long list! And it would not have been possible to provide these opportunities for our children without your support of our PTA.
This year the PTA have helped with:
- Computer replacement in Orchard Block – 23 PCs each with keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Year 8 – contribution for 2018 Leavers’ Disco, food and decorations.
- Year 7 & 8 – Anne Frank workshops.
- All years – contribution for juice and biscuits for students in intervention.
- Halloween Movie Night – PTA Event.
- October 2018 – Bag2school – textile collection at school; funding event arranged by PTA.
- Year 8 – WW1 experience at The Sill and contribution for the payment of the coach.
- Year 6 – payment for the coach to Tynemouth for Kingdom by the Sea trip.
- November 2018 – PTA help with Hexham Round Table Bonfire Night money collection.
- Year 7 & 8 – funded minibus transport for 8 students and teachers to Kids Lit Quiz in Gosforth.
- Christmas Disco – PTA Event.
- Christmas Movie Night – PTA Event.
- Christmas Pop up Shop – 2 days – PTA Event.
- Christmas – Waitrose bag pack; funding event arranged by PTA.
- February 2019 – Bag2school – textile collection at school; funding event arranged by PTA.
- Mother’s Day Pop up Shop – 2 days – PTA Event.
- Year 5 – visit from French theatre production for April 2019.
- 120 selection boxes for end of term celebration assembly.
- All years – 240 plastic beakers for use at school events.
- Year 6 – New set of novels; 120 copies of the novel Wonder.
- All years – Canteen – reusable pasta bowls x 192 to replace single use pots.
- Year 8 – 70 x UK Maths Trust national test entries.
- All years – 100 x Easter Eggs for term end celebration assembly.
- Second-hand uniform sale at the Abbey – funding event arranged by PTA.
- June 2019 – Bag2school – textile collection at school; funding event arranged by PTA.
- Summer Fair – funding event arranged by PTA.
- Music Night – put on refreshments for this event; PTA fundraising.
- Year 8 – Katherine Rundell, author visit Corbridge; funding towards author fees.
- Year 7 & 8 – Northumberland Lit Quiz – money to cover prizes and travel.
- Year 5 & 6 – help furnish calm reading area within Orchard Block.
- Year 5 & 6 – funding to reduce cost of year end school trip.
- All years – treats for year end celebration assembly.
- Year 8 – Leavers’ Disco 2019 – pay for DJ and contribute to food and drink.
- All years – Peter J Murray, author visit (early winter next term).
- HMS PTA 200 club – lottery funding event arranged by PTA.
In the school year 2018-19 the HMS PTA have raised funds, bought equipment for school, paid towards many school trips, educational events from external visitors and put on fun events for the kids to enjoy.
We have contributed over £8,500 towards school this year. This is an incredible achievement, thank you!
In order to ensure that we can continue to contribute to the life of the school in these ways, we really need your continued support. We need volunteers (in any capacity) and for parents to actively participate in our PTA. We can’t do it without you!
If you would like to get involved next year please email email@example.com or find us on the HMS PTA Facebook page, we look forward to welcoming you!