Dear Parent/ Carer
Red Nose Day – 19 March 2021
The last 12 months have been incredibly tough for all of us, but we’re so proud of how our pupils have managed. As parents and carers, you may have had your lives turned upside down, and we’re so grateful for all of your efforts at home and support of the school. That’s why we want to let you know that we think you’re the best and could do with a little laugh right now!
That is why I’m inviting you to enjoy Red Nose Day with us on Friday 19 March. I know there’s a lot going on, and things will look a bit different this year, but we can’t wait to raise a smile and some life-changing money.
Here’s what we’ve got planned for Friday 19 March 2021:
- ‘Wear Red’ – pupils are to come to school in PE tracksuit bottoms/ shorts and house colours for their top (i.e. t-shirt, hoodie or sweatshirt) Pupils are allowed to wear other items that are red (including a red nose).
- House Rounders – Period 1 and 2 (KS3), Period 4 and 5 (KS2)
- Form time assembly – Tuesday 16 March – KS2 will meet Ethan and KS3 will meet Courtney
- Form time on Red Nose Day – Billy Monger’s Story
- Red Nose Shortbread Biscuits – on sale in The Canteen on Red Nose Day
- Edible Red Nose Design Competition – we invite pupils to use a tomato along with other edible ingredients to create a fun and exciting red nose design. Creative use of colour, texture and smell will be considered when judging entries. There are no restrictions on themes. Photographic entries are to be sent to HMS Admin by Monday 22 March. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize award and a suggested (voluntary) donation of 50p entry fee.
- ‘Best Joke’ competition – a suggested (voluntary) donation of 50p to enter a joke. We would like to put together a joke book that could be used in form time. There will be prizes for some of the best jokes submitted in each year group. Jokes can be submitted by pupils joining the Google Classroom with code jtlrt4j.
While not everyone will be able to donate, we are welcoming donations which can be made via School Gateway – we’ll be helping change lives in the UK and across the world. As well as taking the opportunity to be part of something positive, we’ll be using Red Nose Day as a learning opportunity. We’ll explore the issues facing young people across the world, and how the money we raise can help.
Some pupils may want to run their own sponsored event outside of school to showcase their superpowers. Let us know if this is the case. We would really like to publish these charitable actions on our social media platforms and website.
You may feel like you want to organise a family quiz on Friday evening. The following links will give access to a primary and secondary phase quiz.
https://www.comicrelief.com/rednoseday/schools/freedownloads/ What a perfect way to set up your evening, should you be watching the televised events on Friday evening.
With massive thanks for all of your support.