At HMS we will be celebrating World Book Day on Monday 6th March. Please see the attachment for full details of our book-related activities. This includes:
- The HMS Big Lit Quiz during form time on Monday 6 March – the whole school will be able to enjoy this and we will have a separate quiz for KS2 and KS3!
- The ‘Book Swap’ will return to our library following the success of last year’s events. If pupils would like to, they can bring in a book that they have finished reading and think others would enjoy.
- Pupils can wear their own clothes or themed fancy dress on Monday 6 March (totally optional!).
- The much loved ‘Great Book Bake Off’ will return. Pupils can bake a cake on a theme of their favourite book or character. Entries should be submitted to Miss Kwella on Monday 6 March.
- Competition time! Pupils are invited to design a new cover for the ‘HMS Must Reads’ brochure. All entries to Ms Hayler in the HMS library by 9am on Monday 6 March!
- Book and a Brew – on Monday 6 March we will have a special reading gift for each child, along with a little chocolate bar and a hot chocolate to make at home.
Ms Hayler has also planned some other exciting events:
- KS2 will have a visit by author Elle McNicoll on Tuesday 25 April as part of Hexham Book Festival.
- KS3 will have a visit by author L D Lapinski on Wednesday 26 April as part of Hexham Book Festival.
- Years 6 and 8 will have a visit by author Phil Earle on Tuesday 13 June, supported by Forum Books.
Please also note that Cogito Books in Hexham run a Children’s Book Group on the second Saturday of every month at Hextol Tans Café at 4.30pm. New members are always welcome. The next sessions are tomorrow, the 11 February, and then Saturday 11 March.
The World Book Day vouchers can be used in Forum Books to give £1 off any book.