Tuesday is World Mental Health Day and it’s all about raising awareness and driving positive change for everyone’s mental health. It’s also a chance to talk about mental health, how we need to look after it and how important it is to get help if you’re struggling.
As part of our focus, we will be setting the ‘Britain Get Talking’ special homework piece. This homework is designed to reduce stress and anxiety by getting everyone talking.
- You don’t need a pen or paper for this task (but you may value some notes if you struggle to get started).
- Ask a parent/carer or adult you trust to help you with your homework.
- If you’re not sure where to start, try writing down or drawing out your thoughts.
- Now spend time talking through any worries or concerns one-by-one.
- Ask questions like: how does it make you feel? What are you afraid might happen? Would it help if you had more information?
- Get listening – listen to each other without judgement – there is no need to rush to find resolutions.
We hope you enjoy this week’s important homework assignment! #GetTalking