For letters published for parents/carers about general school life, including Mr Watters’ weekly updates, please see our Letters to Parents/Carers page.
This page contains electronic copies of all letters regarding the Coronavirus situation that we have sent out, and any other relevant information.
School Trip Refunds/Ski Trip 2021
The government guidance hasn’t changed substantially since the end of March, when we were advised against all school trips until further notice, other than to clarify that this advice is now in place for an indefinite period. We have therefore taken the decision to cancel all trips for the remainder of this academic year.
The majority of trip providers are not refunding us, so we have been seeking reimbursement from our insurers to enable us to refund parents. This process is taking some time as our insurers are receiving an exceptionally large number of claims – it is currently taking them several months to pay schools for cancelled trips.
We understand that will be frustrating for you, and would like to apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience. The finance team are working to prepare all payment details so that refunds can be made securely to the original payee(s) as soon insurance monies are received. Please can we ask that you only contact school for urgent trip queries rather than individual updates on trip refunds, and rest assured that we will contact you as soon as we are able to refund you.
Parents who have signed up for ski trips in 2021 have been contacted separately to explain the latest position, and we will keep you informed of any changes or further payment required in relation to these trips.
Free School Meals
We have contacted parents of all children entitled to free school meals, but not currently attending school to receive them, to inform them about the national voucher scheme which we will be using from 20 April 2020 during the period of school closure. If you believe your child is entitle to a free school meal but haven’t had an email from us, please contact email@example.com
Letters Sent to Parents/Carers
Please see below for electronic copies of the letters we have sent to parents/carers so far.
- 5 November 2020 (PDF): National restrictions in England and guidance for schools
- 17 September 2020 (PDF): Letter to HMS parents/carers regarding face coverings
- 16 July 2020 (PDF): New Year 5 – arrangements for September and summer holiday expectations.
- 16 July 2020 (PDF): Current Years 5, 6, and 7 – arrangements for September and summer holiday expectations.
- 3 July 2020 (PDF): Planned return to school in September
- 25 June 2020 (PDF): Year 8 Form Class Days
- 25 June 2020 (PDF): Year 7 Form Class Days
- 25 June 2020 (PDF): Year 5 Form Class Days
- 19 June 2020 (PDF): General update on the wider re-opening of school, free school meals, arrangements from September, staffing updates, the new build, and keeping in touch.
- 8 June 2020 (PDF): Remote learning, well-being support, and Year 8 leavers’ celebrations.
- 5 June 2020 (PDF): First week back and plans going forward (Year 6 only)
- 27 May 2020 (PDF): An update on the wider reopening of schools (Year 6 only)
- 22 May 2020 (PDF): An update on the wider reopening of schools (Year 6 only)
- 22 May 2020 (PDF): An update on the wider reopening of schools (whole school letter)
- 18 May 2020 (PDF): An update on the wider reopening of schools (Year 6 only)
- 18 May 2020 (PDF): An update on the wider reopening of schools (whole school letter)
- 12 May 2020 (PDF): An update regarding schools’ wider opening.
- 22 April 2020 (PDF): A thank you from Mr Watters, Mrs Frankish and the HMS staff; an update on home learning and new Google Classroom codes; resources to help support young people; and introducing our Staff Lockdown Blog and Weekly Challenges.
- 20 April 2020 (PDF): An update for the start of term (online learning, guidance from the government, and free school meals).
- 3 April 2020 (PDF): Current arrangements, Easter holidays, free school meals, online safeguarding and learning resources, and trips and visits.
- 24 March 2020 (PDF): ChatHealth Messaging Service; a way for young people to get advice and guidance from school nurses on health and well-being.
- 23 March 2020 (PDF): Safeguarding during the school closure, from our Designated Safeguarding Lead
- 20 March 2020 (PDF): School closures and arrangements for children of key workers/vulnerable children
- 19 March 2020 (PDF): Update on government advice regarding closing schools and SATs being cancelled
- 18 March 2020 (PDF): Online learning resources and arrangements
- 17 March 2020 (PDF): General update on day-to-day school life
- 13 March 2020 (PDF): General update, cancellation of trips and visits, and preparation of contingency plans
- 6 March 2020 (PDF): General update, the steps we are taking, and advice on hygiene
- 26 February 2020 (PDF): General update and advice regarding international travel