The Psychological and Educational teams at Northumberland County Council have collated some resources to assist parents/carers in supporting young people during this time.
“The current situation has been very unsettling for adults and children alike. Worry and concern have been very present in the news. All adults and children will have some degree of awareness of events, and may have had their lives disrupted. It’s normal that we would feel anxious and upset by what is happening.
We all want to support the children and young people we are caring for and working with to understand their feelings and adjust to the current circumstances.”
Resources for parents/carers
- Things to think about if your child will not be attending school (PDF)
- Explaining to Primary-aged children (Years 5 & 6) (PDF)
- Explaining to Secondary-aged children (Years 7 & 8) (PDF)
- Talking to children about the Coronavirus (PDF)
- Advice from the British Psychological Society (PDF)
- List of useful websites: fun and educational activities and resources (PDF)